Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I Must've Made a Wrong Turn at Bora Bora...

I have a thing about Pirate Stories.

I like'em.

I like to read'em. Just for myself but also to M at bedtime.

The book on the right is one of my favourites right now. I highly recommend it (obviously). Great read for kids AND for parents who happen to like Pirate Stories!

So, M has a subscription to Chickadee (a kid's magazine) and every summer they put out this little Summer Adventures Edition that has all sorts of word games and crosswords and jokes.
This year, they've included a 'Find Your Pirate Name' and I had to share.

You see, apparently, my full name is Jack Fearful Horrible Swashbuckler. Arrrrr.

My sweet M's full name is Dirty Scurvy Smelly Swashbuckler Cannon. (This I find very apropos. You'll know what I mean if you've ever washed a kid after a day at the playground)

And, my lovely J is Bad Captain Cannon. Arrr!

Oh, and my Grandfather is Tinkerbell Treasure. I'm not so sure he'd be good with that one... so, SHHHHHH! Don't tell him.

Gotta love it.

So I thought I'd share. I apologize to Chickadee for spreading the joy without official permission but this was to cute to ignore. Remember, it's meant for 4-6 yr olds....

Go ahead, guys.

Find your inner Pirate:

Use the first letter of your first name to find your pirate first name. Then use the first letter of your last name to find your pirate last name.

FIRST NAMES

A - STINKY
B - SMELLY
C - HORRIBLE
D - YO-HO-HO
E - CAPTAIN
F - JOLLY
G - PATCHES
H - TINKERBELL
I - AWFUL
J - BAD
K - MEAN
L - NO GOOD
M - DIRTY
N - JACK
O - AHOY
P - AYE AYE!
Q - PIRATE
R - DREADFUL
S - FEARFUL
T - BLIMEY
U - MATEY
V - DAGGER
W - SCURVY
X - SHIPWRECK
Y - SILLY
Z - CRABBY

LAST NAMES

A - SHIPSHAPE
B - PLANK
C - TREASURE
D - PARROT
E - SHIP
F - BEARD
G - LOOKOUT
H - MAROON
I - SAIL
J - SWAB
K - ANCHOR
L - GRUB
M - SWASHBUCKLER
N - SHIVER ME TIMBERS!
O - LANDLUBBER
P - SCALLYWAG
Q - SWAB
R - ISLAND
S - BATTLE
T - CANNON
U - COMPASS
V - MONEY
W - GOLD
X - SWORD
Y - STINKY
Z - SURLY

With love, you scurvy landlubbers!

Jack Swashbuckler.

Photo courtesy of Amazon.com

1 comment:

Trev said...

See? We're related! I'm not much of a pirate myself. Too much rolling of the mer and all that. Mind you, I do have sea legs, but all that sea air is bound to make me less dyspeptic than I already am, and who wants a chipper peppy pirate?

At any rate....talk soon!

arrr...

Blimey Swashbuckler