Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mom Never Told Me There'd Be Days Like This....

Yesterday, whilst M, J and I were having a lovely breakfast together, M asked how flowers reproduce.

Well....

We've already explained procreation to the little guy. I still have my copy of 'Where Did I Come From' by Peter Mayle. Still a classic, if you ask me, even though a few of the facts about pregnancy are a little out of date eg. You can hear the fetal heartbeat well before the second trimester using one of those special stethosocopes. We read it to M as a bedtime story often enough. He loves the line " It's a big day for bald headed babies!" Cracks up every time he hears it. Alliteration, ya know. So, basically, what I'm saying here is M understands the basics of sex.

Back to the flower thing... We used human sex as the example to explain the Birds and the Bees.

Yup. You read me right.

Gotta laugh.

Photo courtesy of PD Photo.

No comments: